For those who have traveled to Steamboat Springs, Colorado and have skied the mountain covered in what the locals call “champagne powder” you know that this mountain is truly one of a kind. Arguably to say, the best one in Colorado.
Although, when standing on the summit of Steamboat Springs world renown ski mountain, you’ll notice a vast amount of land also covered in luscious snow and rolling hills that look optimal to shred. For many years, this view was nothing more than just a gorgeous sight to see.
Until, October 12th, 2018 when Steamboat resort received the final approval to expand their terrain and add additional chairlifts. Before you know it, the view that was just a view, will soon be groomed trails that will fill you with excitement and curiosity to explore.
Some of the major improvements and expansions include the following.
- New chairlift to access the 355 acres of Pinion Ridge
- Bridge and ski way that leads back to BC Ski Way Trail
- New trail a Pont Express to lead back to Storm Peak Express
- Expansion of more beginner trails
- Relocation of ski school
- New gondola a the base of the mountain
- New restaurants
- Replacement lift for Bashor Lift
- Relocation of Maverick Half Pipe
- Expansion of Steamboat operational boundaries
- Expansion of Rabbit Ears Terrain Park
- Trail improvements
- Removal of hazardous trees
- Additional restrooms
- New children’s facility
Overall, if you’re looking for something new, something exciting and unlike anything else. Travel and explore Steamboat Springs Ski Resort and Mountain Terrain, I promise you, it’ll be a trip of a lifetime. To book your Colorado stay with Nomadness Rentals CLICK HERE. To save up to 25% OFF your nightly rental rate CLICK HERE.